Sunday, April 19, 2015

Peek At My Week {FaRm FuN}

Hey y'all! I love Sundays! I love waking up, having a couple of cups of coffee, going to church, spending time with family, and prepping for another week in Kindergarten. It's the little things, y'all! I am so excited for this week, because this week we kick off our Mega Farm Unit, from Deanna Jump. This unit will probably take us a few weeks! I don't know if I'll get to cover all of the animals in the unit, but the ones I am for sure going to cover are pigs, chickens, cows, and ducks... Hopefully all of them though! This week we will be learning all about pigs and reading Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm. We love Mrs. Wishy-Washy! I created a guided reading lesson plan {freebie} for the week to go with the pigs! If you like it, I plan to add to it and make a Guided Reading farm bundle! Let me know! :) Here's what I have going on this week!





Here is a little peek at my piggy guided reading!
Just click on the image below to download this Freebie on TPT!
 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pigs-Guided-Reading-Freebie-1820128
 


 Ok y'all, let me tell you about my Target experience today... It was cray cray to say the least. So let me tell you how I thought my day would go... I woke up at 7:00 THINKING "it's going to be a great morning, I'll grab Starbucks, get to Target at 8:00 a.m. and browse through the new Lilly Pulitzer launch. Ha---I was so wrong. I rolled into Target 5 minutes before they opened, only to see a line of women and girls waiting for the doors to slide open. I giggled and said "everyone here for Lilly?" I got blank stares, I was intimidated. I realized this is more serious, and my sunday browsin' is about to turn into a brawl. S o u  t h e r n women are serious about their Lilly, y'all. The moment the doors slid open I was left in the dust with my jaw to the floor, thinking, "did this really just happen?" I go in, quickly walk (I did not run, for the record) and see this lady literally grabbing every item of clothing and just stuffing it in her cart. Like 4 sizes in each dress. It was ridiculous... The rack was quickly left bare with one sad and lonely dress that wasn't my size, just hanging there. I was disappointed in the behavior of this lady. When I think of Lilly, I think of southern, classy women. I did not see that in Target this a.m. from a few gals.
 
Don't worry, y'all! Somehow, some way, someone graciously put an adorable jumper and cute tunic back on the rack and it was my size! I ended up scoring after all. No I did not get the dress that I had my eye on, but I really love the jumper and tunic! I also got a cutesy headband, flip flops, and hair-ties.

 


I hope everyone has a blessed week! Remember, you are doing great things and your students love you! This can be a stressful time of the year, just enjoy it! It's going by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment