Saturday, August 9, 2014

My First Day

I haven't blogged in a few days because I have been so busy with back-to-school stuff. Thursday was my first day back with the kiddos and I was so happy to meet all of my Kinders. I have 17 students this year. 13 boys and 4 girls. Yes, I am serious. They were all super sweet and I think it is going to be a great year. However, If you start on a Thursday and Friday you know how chaotic it can easily be. I mainly focused on procedures and we created our class rules. Monday is when I finally get to start our daily routine. Here are a few pics of our first day in Kindergarten.

A little treat for my Kinders! I found this idea on Pinterest and made my own labels.
 
 
I am in love with these first day puzzles. I downloaded the poem that goes with this puzzle from Deanna Jump's TPT for free. I bought the puzzles from Compozapuzzle. I ordered the 8 piece puzzle and they come with envelopes for the puzzle to fit in. I stuck the poem to the outside of the envelopes and laminated them for durability. I then took their puzzles apart and put them in the envelopes for them to take home and put together with their families.
 
Snack time! Simple and inexpensive! Every kiddo loves goldfish crackers. You can find these labels in my TPT store for pre-k through 3rd grade.
 
I love Pete the Cat. I started the school year off by reading Pete the Cat's I Love My White Shoes. I think the first couple of days is great to figure out if the Kinder's know their colors. Luckily all of mine did! I used the entire Pete the Cat mini unit on the second day of Kindergarten from Alyssa Plummer.  It was a success!
 
Just one of many cuties in my class! I know it is going to be a great year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment