Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's new this week!

I sure loved my 3 day weekend of doing nothing! However, I came back to school full speed for a busy week! We are learning the last bit of our letter recognition before moving onto sounds! In a 4 day week we are learning T-Z! But thanks to Heidi Songs it is making it easier for the kids to learn their letters, sounds, and letter formation. I've been hearing the kids singing her songs to themselves while they work. I'm not going to lie, I've been singing them too.. They're pretty catchy! Our reading series that we use focuses on A-Z letter recognition during the first 4 weeks of school. Then we move on to a letter sound a week. I like just focusing on 1 sound a week because we get to read lots of books that use that specific sound, make letter crafts, etc.
(Heidi songs) 


Also, on a different note, I now have all of Unit 1 for Kindergarten Reading Street on TPT. I have all stories for the 2008 and 2013 editions. Don't forget to check them out! They are great resources!




No comments:

Post a Comment